Connectors are organized by the following values
- Series name
- Mounting hole size
- Number of contact
- Connector style
- Contact Gender
Connectors can be categorized by two major styles: plugs and receptacles
- Plug (from a cable insert into receptacles or jack/adapter)
- Plug with cable clamp for fitting to cable
- Receptacle, circular bulkhead for attaching onto a surface
- Receptacle, square flangemount for attaching onto a surface
- Hermetically sealed receptacle
- Jack/Adapter with cable clamp for fitting to cable
- Jack/Adapter with square flange mount type for attaching it onto a surface
- Accessory such as caps for plug or receptacle
Contact Insert gender
There are male (Pin type contact)and female (Socket type contact) contacts.
If you have a male plug you will need female receptacle or jack/adapter of same series with matching size and number of contacts.
Generally, the electrical power side is female in order to avoid unnecessary contact pin exposure.
Home | Search | Contact | Help
1999 Direct Sound Corp., All Rights Reserved, Telephone: 1.800.372.1616